“Civility means a great deal more than just being nice to one another. It is complex and encompasses learning how to connect successfully and live well with others, developing thoughtfulness, and fostering effective self-expression and communication. Civility includes courtesy, politeness, mutual respect, fairness, good manners, as well as a matter of good health. Taking an active interest in the well-being of our community and concern for the health of our society is also involved in civility.” ~ P. M. Forni
5 things that you can do today to increase civility in your life:
1) Greet someone with genuine interest – take an extra few seconds to show you care!
2) Respect yourself – don’t holler at other drivers or make rude gestures toward them.
3) Respect others – listen to their opinions without judgement.
4) Accept responsibility for your actions.
5) Apologize with integrity.
It all starts with you!!!
The Civility Revolution is here!